CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2008

PYM Mentoring

Every Friday for an hour, Kelsey and I do something called PYM Mentoring. They bus in a bunch of sixth graders from Timpanogos Elementary School and we get to spend an hour with them. These kids are considered "at-risk" kids and some of them have behavior issues. We are each assigned to a kid that we are with each week for the rest of the school year. The girl I was paired up with is Charlie. She is the sweetest girl! It's been so fun talking to her and getting to know her. We actually have a lot in common and it has been so easy to get along with her. This week we did a scavenger hunt on the BYU campus. We went into different buildings and saw fun stuff and had to write a few sentences about what we saw. Each week something fun and new is planned. So far, it's been such a fun experience and I am so excited to spend an hour a week with her! :)

5 comments:

Blume Bunch said...

Shes a DOLL! Hey can you email me your moms email address?? thanks :) or comment it to me :)

The Dwelley's said...

She is so cute. That is a great thing you and Kelsey are doing.

Katie Dunn said...

one of my best friends, Kamie, has been doing that too and she loves it! I am so excited for you :)

danielle bailey said...

You guys are aweome. I'm glad you and Kelsey are hanging out. Keep up the good work.

Chelsea and Miles said...

Hey!! your blog is so cute...i love your background, what website is it from?