CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Music and the Spoken Word

This morning I went on kind of a double date (does it count if it's on Sunday??) up to Salt Lake to see Music and the Spoken Word. It was in the old Tabernacle, which I had never been in - we took a little tour through there when I was younger but I barely remember it. It was so pretty and it was amazing to think that it was built so long ago! I guess this program is the longest lasting program on the radio - it's been going on for almost 80 years and today was their 4,124th performance. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang and the Temple Square Bell Choir played with them. I think the bells were my favorite. I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, don't get me wrong, but watching them play the bells was incredible. They sang a few songs, including Somewhere Out There from the movie An American Tale. Then they read a little something about the importance of handmade gifts. I thought it was pretty cool. They had all been before, but it was my first time and I really enjoyed it. That might have to be something we do again!


0 comments: