CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Football, Firetrucks, and More Football...

Last weekend, my friend Ian, my aunt Kristine, and I all drove up to Boise, Idaho to visit my grandpa. We left Friday morning and got there in time for lunch. We then went and visited the cemetery to see my grandma's grave. I haven't been there since the headstone was put it, so it was nice to see it. It is up on a hill and has the most beautiful view of all of Boise. After that, we just hung out and visited for the rest of the day. Saturday was pretty much the same thing. We had a football game on from 10:30 in the morning til about 9:30 that night... Ian and I were able to get some studying in during halftimes, and that night we had our first attempt at making a cheesecake... it's not the easiest thing in the world, but it was still fun and super good!! My other aunt Carol, and my cousin and his wife and kids stopped by, and it was way fun to see them. Sunday was Grandpa's stake conference, so we went to that. Then we came home and got changed and Ian and I went to the Boise Fire Department to hang out. My cousin Jeff is a fireman and offered to let us go on a ride-along on Sunday. Nothing too exciting happened. They only got one call the whole time we were there, and someone had just accidentally pulled a fire alarm. It was cool to see them in action at the station, though.


Grandpa and I Sunday after church


In the fire truck in response to the call

The front of the fire truck


Today's activity for mentoring was a tour of the BYU football stadium. It was pretty cool. I've been there for games, but I've never seen the stuff we got to see today. We were able to go into the locker room and see how things work in there. Then we got to go onto the actual field, which they were painting for the game tomorrow. And last, we got to go up into the press box and see the view from up there. It was pretty neat. The kids seemed to have a blast - especially the boys who dream of playing football for BYU one day. It was pretty cute.


The view from field level

0 comments: