CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Last Sunday was my first Sunday in my new ward. We don't meet til 1, and that's not my favorite thing, but it was still good. I think it is a very well balanced ward and I am looking forward to meeting people in the ward. We have to walk to church, which isn't a big deal except that from my apartment to the building, it's up a hill... I'm not looking forward to that when it's snowy and icey. It will be an adventure! The other thing I am having to get used to is meeting in a classroom. It's a little distracting when you're trying to take the Sacrament or listen to a talk and there is a huge periodic table behind the speaker. One of the guys in the ward told me that he and some of his friends used to make words from the letters on the periodic table when they got bored..... Then Sunday night, I drove out to Kaysville to my cousin Kendi's house and slept there and Monday morning we got up and drove out to Pineview Lake for the day. I wakeboarded a little and woke up this morning unbelievably sore!! But it was still fun. Then I went from Kendi's house to Jake's house and hung out with Jake and Dan. We didn't do much - just watched some movies, but we had fun. This morning, it was back to reality... and speaking of which... I have biology to do.

3 comments:

Hailey said...

I'm so glad you told us about this! I love knowing what's going on with everyone. So where are you living exactly? I had sacrament meeting with the periodic table behind my head once too, it's pretty weird. I never really got used to it. I'm glad to hear you're liking it so far and that you're doing your homework, it's a lot harder to self-motivate for sure. Remember, your cousin, Brian actually teaches freshman English out here, so feel free to send essays, or if you need any help, don't hesistate! Love you!!!

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Shanna,
Well your sitting at my house right now with my crazy siser. I'm so glad that you and Taya have become such good friends. I'm so happy she's up here and that she has good roommates! Well, talk to ya soon!

Brandon said...

Hey Shanna!!! Sorry i havn't talked 2 you in a while... kinda forgot about my blog too... well just wanted to know how you were doing and im glad you are liking your school (that makes one of us...jk) i miss you and ill talk 2 u soon! BYE