CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

africa pictures!

i had the hardest time trying to decide which pictures to post - i took SOOOO many. so this is a brief collection of some of the pictures. it should give you a feel for the trip.

this trip was absolutely the most incredible thing i have done up to this point in my life. i got to spend 3 weeks in ghana, africa. my volunteer placement was in a school called suzzy mother care. i taught the class of 6 and 7 year olds. they were such sweet kids and i fell in love with each of them.

my perspective on so many things changed while i was there. i wouldn't go as far as to say i am a totally different person, but i definitely have changed in some aspects. the things i learned there are things that i will never forget. the people in ghana are so happy and content. my intention was to go there to see what i could do to help - but i never expected for it to be the other way around. i truly consider the people there to be angels that were placed in my life to teach me some of the things i need to know at this point in my life. although i will probably never see any of these people again, they really will be a part of the rest of my life.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: africa!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comments:

Miles and Chelsea said...

that is so cool!! Seeing those pictures makes me wish i got to do something like that! Those kids are beautiful and look like they just loved you!! Glad you had such an awesome time!!