CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween, already??

I cannot believe that it is already the end of October! Even more, I can't believe I haven't been home to California yet!! I thought for sure I'd have to go home at least once before Thanksgiving...

The weekend was a good one. I think I say that about every weekend... I guess they are all just good :) Friday was Mataya's birthday so a big group of us went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I had never been there, but the food was amazing. And the rolls... MMM MMM MMM!! Saturday I mostly just studied all day. And did a little cleaning. Sunday was church and then I went to my cousin Becky and her husband Matt's house for dinner. I haven't seen them since I've been up here and they live like 5 minutes away. So it was nice to visit with them and catch up.

FHE went really well last night. We had a pretty good turnout. One of the guys in the group gave the lesson and did an awesome job. Then we moved all of the furniture out of the way, taped trash bags together, and all sat down and carved our pumpkins. We had Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin on in the background and TONS of food... pumpkin dump, cocoa pebble rice krispies, pumpkin bread, birthday cake (2 people had birthdays) and orange milk (regular milk with orange food coloring). It was just a fun night and everyone enjoyed just being able to relax and get to know people a little better.

Well, as of today, I have one test down and 2 more to go. Plus an English paper. But I got my math midterm out of the way today, so that has been a huge relief. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the week goes well.

Tomorrow is Halloween!! Mataya, Sarah and I got these cute Eskimo costumes. I'm not exactly sure what we are doing tomorrow night though... We'll figure something out. We have institute and then I think we will just end up party hopping so hopefully that will be fun. Unfortunately, I'll have to be home somewhat early so I can come home and study for my Biology test on Thursday. Lame, huh? O well- that's life!

2 comments:

The Dwelley's said...

I have to agree the rolls at The Roadhouse are the best. Happy Halloween.

Susie said...

Have a great halloween- hope you find an awesome party- and remember, eskimo kissing is okay, just in moderation!! Post some pics tomorrow!